- 1.1 Any reference in these conditions to “we” or “us” is a reference to the Manvan.
Any reference in these conditions to “you” is a reference to the Customer.
- 1.2 “Goods” means the goods being removed and/or delivered.
- 2.1 Quotations do not include any other customs duties levies or fees
payable to government or other statutory bodies and all such duties or fees (if any) will be payable by you in addition to the quoted price.
- 2.2 Although we quote a fixed price we reserve the right to amend it or make additional charges if any of the following have not been taken into account when preparing the quotation:-
- 2.2.1 If customer is not ready packed, when we come to do the job and we have to wait additional time for customer to pack.
- 2.2.2 Our costs increase as a result of customers bad description of job (have much more goods to move, or we need to carry extra distance, or carry goods extra level)
- 2.2.3 We have to collect or deliver Goods to more addresses than it was agreed.
- 2.2.4 We supply any additional services like assembly of the goods or dismantle.
- 2.2.5 Access to the collection or delivery point is inadequate or the approach is unsuitable for our vehicles.
- 2.2.6 Any parking or other fees or charges that we have to incur and pay in order to carry out the services you require. In all these circumstances you will be responsible for the extra charges
- 2.3 Our quotation is not a guarantee that we have vehicles available on the day you require.
Accordingly your signed acceptance of our quotation does not constitute a contract between us until you have our written confirmation that we can move your Goods on your required date. We will send our written confirmation within one working day of our receipt of your acceptance of our quotation.
3. Work excluded from our quotations
unless previously agreed in writing we will not: –
- 3.1 Dismantle or assemble unit-furniture (flat-pack), fittings or fitments
- 3.2 Disconnect or reconnect appliances, fittings or equipment.
- 3.3 Remove or lay fitted floor coverings.
- 3.4 Take down or re-hang curtains, blinds or other window coverings.
- 3.5 Move any item or items which our removal crew reasonably believe they cannot move safely or the removal of which may damage the item or items in question or its or their surroundings
4. Excluded Property
The following items are specifically excluded from this contract and will not be removed: –
- 4.1 Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, or goods or collections of a similar kind.
- 4.2 Potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items.
- 4.3 Goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infection.
- 4.4 Refrigerated or frozen food or drink.
- 4.5 Any animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
- 4.6 Cars, boats and caravans.
- 4.7 Furs, perfumery, wines, spirits, tobacco, cigars, cigarettes, foodstuffs, perishable goods or any kind of explosives. Such goods will not be removed by us except without prior written agreement.
- 4.8 Breakage of owner packed property unless the box or container shows signs of external damage
5. Customer’s responsibility
It is your sole responsibility to:-
- 5.1 Pack your own goods to be removed safely.
- 5.2 Be ready packed before we come to collect your goods.
- 5.3 Be present yourself or appoint a representative at the departure and destination points to ensure that nothing is removed or left in error or is left in the wrong room.
- 5.4 Prepare adequately and stabilize all appliances prior to their removal.
Other than by reason of our negligence we will not be liable for any loss or damage, costs or
additional charges that may arise from any of these matters.
- 5.6 Provide Manvan with any information reasonably required by Manvan, and advise Manvan of any special requirements or care of particular Goods. Should You not accept the recommendations of Manvan and/or its Service Providers then the Goods are moved at Your sole risk.
- 5.7 Obtain all necessary permissions, parking permits, licenses and consents which may be required before the commencement of the Job, the cost of which shall be Your sole responsibility.
6. Ownership of the goods
By entering into this contract you confirm to us that:-
- 6.1 The Goods are your own property; or
- 6.2 You have the authority of the owner of the property to make this contract in respect of the Goods. You will be responsible to pay for any claim for damages and/or costs against either of the above if this proves to be untrue.
- 7.1 If you postpone or cancel this contract we may charge according to how much notice you provide
prior to the agreed removal date:-
Between 2-3 days: 0% of the total removal charges
1 days: 50% of the total removal charges
1-4 hours: 90% of the total removal charges
Less than 1 hours: 100% of the total removal charges
8. Payment of Removal/Charges
unless you have our written agreement to the contrary you must pay our charges so we have
cleared funds in advance of the removal. Unless we agree otherwise, you may not withhold any part of the agreed price. We reserve the right to terminate this contract if payment is not received on the removal date.
9. Our liability for loss or damage
- 9.1 We take full precaution to protect you goods while transporting them, using blankets, safe loading and unloading, trolleys, straps, to secure your goods.
- 9.2 We do not take any liability for any damage found on your goods, as all packing customer agrees to do himself.
- 9.3 Other than because of our negligence, we will not be liable for any loss, damage or failure
to deliver the goods if it is caused by any of the following circumstances:
- 9.3.1 Fire howsoever caused.
- 9.3.2 War, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, terrorism, rebellion and/or military coup, Act of God, industrial action or other such events outside our reasonable control.
- 9.3.3 Normal wear and tear, natural or gradual deterioration, leakage or evaporation or from perishable or unstable goods. This includes goods left within furniture or appliances.
- 9.3.4 Cleaning, repairing or restoring unless we did the work.
- 9.3.5 Moth or vermin or similar infestation.
- 9.3.6 Electrical or mechanical derangement to any appliance, instrument or equipment unless there is evidence of external impact.
- 9.4 Additionally we will not be liable for any loss of or damage to:
- 9.4.1 any goods in wardrobes, drawers or appliances, or in a package, bundle, case or other container not both packed and unpacked by us
- 9.4.2 Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, or
goods or collections of a similar kind, unless you have previously given us full information including
value, and we have confirmed in writing that we will accept responsibility in accordance with 9.1
- 9.4.3 Goods which have a relevant proven defect or are inherently defective.
- 9.4.4 Animals and their cages or tanks including pets, birds or fish.
- 9.4.5 Plants.
- 9.4.6 Refrigerated or frozen food or drink.
- 9.5 Other than because of our negligence, we will not be liable for damages or costs resulting indirectly from, or as a consequence of loss, damage, or failure to deliver the goods.
10. Delays in move
- 10.1 Unless we give a specifically agreed written timescale then arrival and departure times are an estimate only.
- 10.2 If we do not keep to an agreed written time scale schedule and any delay is within our reasonable control we will give you discount for our agreed service.
11. Damage to premises
- 11.1 We shall only be liable for damage to premises caused by our negligence. Any damages to
premises must be noted on the delivery receipt and confirmed in writing to us within the day unless you request a reasonable extension which we agree in writing.
12. Our rights to withhold or dispose of goods
We have a legal right to withhold or ultimately dispose of some or all of the goods until you have paid all our charges and other payments due under this contract. These include any charges that we have paid out on your behalf. While we hold the goods and wait for payment you will be liable to pay all storage charges and other costs incurred as a result of our withholding your goods and these terms and conditions will continue to apply.
13. Sub-contracting the work
- 13.1 We reserve the right to sub-contract some or all of the work for which we have provided a quotation without reference to you.
- 13.2 If we sub-contract these conditions will still apply in full.
14. Whole agreement
These Terms and Conditions together with our quotation are intended to form the whole agreement between us and to prevail over any verbal discussions. Should we mutually agree to any variation of these terms such variation should be confirmed in writing. Any variation however agreed shall never invalidate the remainder of these Terms and Conditions.