Before you move/day of move
- Redirect all mail to your new mailing address.
- Notify your utility providers (water, gas, electricity) to have your service turned off after your move and to connect them at your new address.
- Notify us if you have any changes releated to your move.
- Make arrangements to move your plants and pets. Make sure plants are drained of excess water.
- Drain the fuel from lawnmowers and other power equipment.
- Disconnect all your white goods, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, etc.
- If there is only off-street parking, please try to secure a car park space for our van there overnight.
- Pack a box with the items you will need as soon as you arrive at your new home. (plates, cups and cutlery, bottled water, tea, coffee, sugar, long life milk, electric kettle, toilet paper, soap etc.)
- Defrost, clean and dry your refrigerator the day before your move. Make sure you consume all “sensitive” food prior to your move to avoid throwing it out.
- Take pictures and mirrors down and put all in one place.
- You should carry jewellery, documents and any money. Do not pack in boxes.
- Make sure you have marked all your ‘fragile’ boxes.
- Try to avoid leaving out lots of small items. Pack them into large boxes.
- Try to pack TV’s, computers and small appliances in there their original boxes if they are kept.
Have all electrical cords wound up and taped.
- Use small boxes for heavy items such as books; CD’s, kitchenware etc. Remember we are removalists not superheroes!!!!
- When packing boxes, try to line them with crushed paper and fill all the gaps with crushed paper also to avoid movement. Put heavy items first and light items on the top.
- Label packed items to which room they should be placed on delivery
- Try using cartons instead of plastic bags. As cartons provide privacy, reduce damage and are stackable. Unlike the bags.
- Disassemble any beds, swings, trampolines or items that cannot be moved without being taken apart.
- Do not use duck tape or sticky tape on your furniture, as it will remove its lacquer.
Use masking tape instead.
At your New home
- Try to assemble all the beds first .
- Dedicate a room to store all the boxes to avoid clutter in all the house.
- Have a plan where you want to locate all your furniture. Take advantage of our being there so you don’t have to move everything again when we are gone.
- Be aware that you will not be able to switch your refrigerator on for at least 3 hours.
Designed by ManVan
Sunday, March 26th, 2017