In this blog you will find all needed information about removal companies, furniture deliveries, and much more...
Self storage can be a great help to anyone who is moving house. However, when you are moving abroad it becomes an even more essential part of your house move. If this is the first time you are making an international move though you may not be aware of how storage companies can help. So if you still think that you can go it alone then you may think again when you see the below.
• Reduce Shipping Costs – When you’re moving abroad transport costs can rise sharply leaving a huge dent in your finances. Therefore, if there is anything that you don’t really need putting it into a storage site can really help. Self storage units can be relatively cheap to hire and are a viable alternative to hefty freight costs. So if you’re moving half way around the world you may want to get a few storage quotes first.
• Keep Valuable Items Secure – While most removal and shipping companies will ensure that your items arrive at your new destination safely, there is no guarantee that some things won’t get lost along the way. If you want to guarantee the safety of some of your treasured items or family heirlooms then you may feel safer leaving them in a local storage site instead. This way you know that your personal items won’t get mislaid amongst the moving melee and that you will be able to take them across with you when things are more settled.
• Secure Your Things Until You’re Ready – If you’ve decided that you’re moving abroad then you may want to do a bit of travelling first to make sure that you’re buying in the right area. If this is the case then you may need to sell your existing home before you go and put your household items into storage while you get things sorted. If you’re hiring a large storage room for a relatively long period of time then you may even be able to negotiate a discount so that you have more money left over to buy your dream home abroad. When you’ve bought your new property you can then arrange for your stored items to be shipped across to you so that you still have those little reminders of home.
• Keep Things Safe For When You Return – Sometimes people decide to move abroad for a short period of time, making it impractical to take all of their household furniture with them. In these instances, putting your household and personal items into a safe self storage site can help to keep things safe for when you return. While it does cost money, it is often a better financial option than just selling all of your things and it can help you to get settled quickly when you move back from abroad.
• Back-up Plan - International moves rarely go to plan so if you find yourself ready to move but with no house to go to then finding a suitable storage room can be a perfect short-term measure. There are not many places big enough to put all of your furniture and other household things so a storage room may be the only answer!
So if you’re preparing for your international move and need somewhere to store some of your items for the long or short-term make sure that you take some time out to check a few secure storage rates first.