In this blog you will find all needed information about removal companies, furniture deliveries, and much more...
Moving house can be rather complex, not only are there tons of things to do including packing, sorting, hiring removals, changes of addresses etc (all of which adds to stress) we also keep constantly hearing about how we should be more efficient, how we should save the planet and to go green to be kinder to the environment and at a time of already mental exhaustion its probably fair to say that a lot of people don’t give this scenario a second thought.
The truth is a house or office move will use a lot of resources, mainly cardboard boxes and fillers to safely pack belongings for transportation. The trouble is those resources are more likely to be dumped for refuse afterwards, some people may use recycling plants or recycling bins at home but others won’t give it a second thought. Again at an already stressful time you could forgive people for allowing that option to slip their minds and let’s face it, do we really want a whole load of packaging and boxes clogging up our bins?
The short answer to that question is NO. Do we really have time to visit recycling plants during what is considered to be a hectic time in most people’s lives? Probably no again!
So, taking that into consideration what can we actually do about it?
Well, there is one option, you could opt for eco-friendly removals over conventional movers if you so wish? Eco-friendly movers are very beneficial in many ways and by doing so it could save you a lot of time, money and stress.
Here are some hints and tips for using Eco-friendly movers which may be beneficial to you, if you are planning a move anytime soon.
• Going green can help to reduce costs, and that’s always a good thing, using recycling packaging is generally cheaper but the quality remains the same.
• Eco-friendly removals will usually take away empty boxes and packaging after the move, this is great for time saving and its one less thing to have to worry about.
• You are helping to reduce waste within landfill and this helps benefit the environment.
• Being more energy efficient and reducing carbon emissions is fulfilling in many ways, removal vans require fuel and eco-friendly removals tend to have LPG systems fitted to help reduce carbon emissions, if everybody started to do this, the impact would be much greater in the long-term.
• Opting for recycling packaging over brand new ones helps to save more trees, you are doing your bit!
• You are being more efficient by taking your first step on the green ladder, if others see what you are doing, chances are they may follow suit, the more people on board, the greater the effect.
So taking all that into consideration the benefits of going green during removals seem ideal, it’s hard to dispute otherwise, wouldn’t you agree? It’s not as though the service you will be getting is going and lesser, nor would it cost any more (In fact it could actually reduce costs) and then you have the added benefits of saving valuable precious time both during the move and afterwards if recycled packaging and packers are considered and ultimately an energy efficient move means that you are doing your bit for the environment also. What’s not to like?
If you are considering using eco-friendly removal hire right now you may be pleased to know that these companies are everywhere right now and it wouldn’t be difficult to find one. Simply do an online search for eco-friendly removals within your local area to compare quotes and to book a date for your removals.